Monday, July 19, 2010

The Jeff Challenge

This is more spouse harassment than anything. See, we fight in our marriage because it is fun :) I told Jeff today "Be nice, or I won't fight with you anymore"...haha... love it.

But today I was egging him on, and told him I would challenge him in a 5 K run in Mapleton that we have traditionally ran in the past.... only I want to make it fair so I am going to run from Lindon to Mapleton first, and then race against him in the 5k.

OK, the fair part is a joke, but it is mostly to get some speed challenge when I am tired, and push it when I am already expended. This is my mode of training for Wasatch.

I am going to try to make my run from Lindon to Springville all trails if possible. Next weekend i will be running the Speedgoat 50K, a tough race, that the course profile looks like a messed up intestinal track, and then I will be running the Katcina Mosa 100K.

I am hoping these back to back races challenge me, and help me hone in even more on my hydration and electrolyte balance so I can have a great Wasatch100 time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you don't make it easy for yourself! Good luck, that's some crazy running.

    ReplyDelete